Steps to your application
1. Read through the information about positions (to the right, or below this section depending on your device), requirements, and approximate weekly commitment times. Go through our website to learn about the team, our story, and what we believe in. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
2. Decide which role you want. Alternatively, just fill out the application (select the 'Other / Not sure' option for the 'Select Position' field on the application form) and our team can discuss what the best-fitting position would be for you!
3. Fill out the application form at the bottom of this page.
4. While you're waiting to hear back about your application, become part of the #BOLTSQUAD and stay in the now about our project on our Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn, @boltsafety! You can also follow-up via email at and a member of our team will be in touch.
5. Good luck with your application!
If you wish to apply for multiple positions, please submit a separate application for each position.
Learn about available positions and roles, including time commitment, qualifications and requirements
Note: All positions are non-paid volunteer work unless otherwise mentioned. In addition to the estimated times indicated below, please also account for a 1-hour monthly call.
'The Hub' Writer, 1 hour/week.
Works with The Hub Content Manager to write articles, transcribe videos, and research for facts. A writing sample should be provided with your application.
User Experience Manager, 0.5-1 hour/week
Procuring more users for BOLT and providing regular updates on user statistics. Technical Support Staff and Moderators report directly to the User Experience Manager. Must be comfortable dealing with basic statistics and making and sharing presentations.
Technical Support Staff, 0.5-1 hour/week
The Technical Support role involves responding to user feedback on or regarding the BOLT platform, and report updates to the User Experience Manager. Should be fluent communicators, and able to produce well-written and professional emails in a short amount of time.
Video Editor, 1-2 hours/week
Edit videos for digital content, including the mobile platform, YouTube channel, and social media. Please include a sample of your video editing project along with your application.
Administrative Assistant, 0.5-1 hour/week
Provide administrative support for the management team’s work, may include tasks like writing letters, sending emails, sharing updates with the appropriate Manager(s), coordinating appointment or interview scheduling, doing outreach, etc.
Safe Hubs Operations Manager, 1-2 hours/week
Manage the operations of our Safe Hubs initiative (learn more here) and lead the Safe Hubs Operations Team.
Safe Hubs Committee Chair, 0.5 hour/week
Set and facilitate meetings for the Safe Hubs Operations Committee, take meeting notes in addition to secretarial and administrative work.
Safe Hubs Marketing Lead, 0.5 hour/week
Write press releases, contact media and press, collaborate with the social media team to promote updates and Safe Hubs content on social media.
Safe Hubs Development Lead, 0.5 hour/week
Contact potential new partners, expand the Safe Hubs network and program.
Safe Hubs Partnerships Lead, 0.5 hour/week
Maintain connections with existing partners, do periodic check-ins to see if new resources are needed, or if the partners want to increase their contribution to the partnership, i.e. can now give coupons, etc, report to Safe Hubs Manager.